Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hungarian Cucumber Salad


Abundance of cucumbers? Make cucumber salad. My garden is giving me some bountiful cukes. Being Hungarian, I make this salad all year around. It is refreshing, tasty and goes with anything, oh and so easy to prepare. Enjoy!

Thinly slice cucumbers and lightly salt. Mince or chop 1 or 2 cloves of garlic. Depending on how much cukes you are using add some apple cider vinegar (1 to 2 tablespoons). Mix it all up. Sprinkle Hungarian Paprika (available in supermarkets) on top.  I also add a little black pepper. Let it sit at room temperature for a while. Mix when ready to eat. Refrigerate left over, if there is any.

1 comment:

zakkalife said...

I like the idea of adding paprika to the cucumbers. Will have to try this sometime.

BTW, I wanted to let you know you inspired me to make some chia pudding for the first time. I really liked it :)