Saturday, May 26, 2012

Kale chips

This topping is so delicious. The creaminess of the cashews gives it a nice texture.


1 bunch of curly kale, cut stem out and save for juicing. break leaves into large pieces...they shrink when dehydrated. 


For topping blend the following: 
about 1 cup of raw cashews, (I used cashew pieces-less expensive) soak one hour
a little water to blend 
juice of 1 lime 
1/2 to 1 chili pepper, this is to your liking or a few dashes of cayenne 
salt 
2 teaspoons olive oil 
1/4 cup Bragg's nutritional yeast 


In bowl mix kale and topping very well
put on mesh trays 
dehydrate about 5-6 hours
I put it in the dehydrator at 10 AM and came home 4:30 and it was ready. 
A perfect treat to come home to.

3 comments:

jessica said...

oops...left out one clove of minced garlic into the topping mix.

Jean said...

Hooked on Kale Chips! Long live Kale!! I don't yet have a dehydrator, but use a very low temp in the oven to get by until I do. My "dressing" is very simple, olive oil, kelp seasoning, nutritional yeast and vegan parmesan, for me just right.

jessica said...

Jean, your dressing sounds nice. will try with kelp seasoning.